Effective Date: June 23, 2021
This privacy notice also applies to all information collected through any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
Information You Disclose
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, or otherwise when you contact us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make, and the products and features you use, but may include the following:
- Names, email address, company name, and other similar information
You may also provide personal information about others through our Services. You are responsible for ensuring any personal information you provide about others is given with their consent.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. We cannot and will not contact you without your voluntary provision of personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
Our Services automatically gather certain information about your device and how you interact with our Services. This information is collected anonymously, and is used to analyze trends, administer our Services, monitor the performance of our Services, track users’ movements around our Services, and gather demographic information about our user base. This information does not reveal your identity (such as your name or contact information), and is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data: service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use) [[[ and device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash reports” or “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data: information about the device you use to access the Website (such as your computer, phone, or tablet). Depending on the device used, this device data may include your IP address, device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
How We Use Your Information
We process your personal information based on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. These purposes and processing grounds are identified below.
We may use your information to:
- Send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Keep our Website safe and secure (such as for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- Enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or in connection with our contract.
- Respond to a subpoena or other legal request, which may require us to inspect and transmit our collected data.
- Fulfill and manage your orders and payments made through our Services.
- Provide you with any requested services.
- Respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
Our practice is not to use information we collect or receive for marketing purposes unless explicitly authorized to do so.
Will Your Information Be Shared?
We may process or share your data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: to fulfill the terms of any contract we have entered into with you.
- Legal obligations: when we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests: where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
We may need to process and share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business transfers: in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. In the event of any change in ownership and subsequent uses of your personal information, you will be notified by email sent to the email provided to us or through a notice on the Website prior to the change becoming effective.
- Vendors, consultants, and other third-party service providers: we may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on our Services, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity, among other things. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information, such as sharing it with other organizations or retaining it, unless we have instructed them to do so.
- Affiliates: any affiliates are required to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business partner: to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
Who Will Your Information Be Shared With?
We only share and disclose your information with the third parties named and categorized below, who are only authorized to use your data as necessary to provide services to us. If you wish to revoke your consent for data processing, please contact us using the contact details provided under “Contact Us”.
- Web and Mobile Analytics:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will not give, sell, rent, share, or loan any data to any third party except as explicitly described in this notice. We may also provide non-person or de-identified summaries or group statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Website information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal information.
International Information Transfers
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Who Will Your Information Be Shared With?”).
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, the data protection and similar laws in the United States may differ from those in your country. However, we will take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the legitimate business needs identified in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information. If this is not possible (such as if data is stored in backups or archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How We Safeguard Information
We maintain reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access, or disclosure. Any contact information you transmit is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL), which helps ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you provided authorized access. However, no transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure due to the nature of the distributed network that is the Internet. Therefore, while we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
Data Collection From Minors
Our Services are not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of 18. By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependents use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users under 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may display customer testimonials on our Website, which may include the customer’s name, business, and comments. We may post your testimonial with your consent. To update or delete your testimonial, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Privacy Rights
Although CSP Labs owns the software, code, databases, and all rights to our Services, you retain all rights to your data.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information,
- to request rectification or erasure,
- to restrict the processing of your personal information,
- to data portability (if applicable), and
- to object to the processing of your personal information (if applicable).
To make such a request, please use the contact details listed under “Contact Us”. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws, and respond to your request within 10 days.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and believe we are unlawfully processing your information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. Their contact details can be found here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
If you are a resident of Switzerland, the contact details for your data protection authorities can be found here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
If you would like it any time to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies, though this could affect certain features or Services of our website. To opt out of interest-based advertising, visit https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from any of our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, such as to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, and for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt out, you may contact us using the contact information provided.
Your browser setting may give you the option to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” (DNT) signal to websites you visit. Our Services do not respond to DNT signals from browsers or mobile applications. However, only our analytics and service providers are permitted to track user activity on our Services, and we do not track your online browsing activity on other services.
Rights of California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits users who are California residents to request and obtain information from us about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names of addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. This can be done once a year, free of charge. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Updates to this Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Effective” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed with how we are protecting your information.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone at (916) 655-1581, or by post to:
California Seed & Plant Lab, Inc.
3556 Sankey Road
Pleasant Grove, CA 95668